Set Square

Default Maplin 13A remote control sockets

Lurch wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:06:14 +0000 (UTC), " Tim \(Remove NOSPAM."
strung together this:

It seems to be an excellent idea, but I cannot think of any really
practical use for them....

I can't find the OP so I'll stick it here, sorry!

At last, I've found a use for them! I've got a laserjet network
printer that is fairly power hungry on standby and it's in another
room so I've dug out my remote control sockets that have been stashed
in a drawer somewhere for years and plugged them in. Now I can turn
the printer on without getting up from the PC!

We use ours for several things which are powered from sockets in 'awkward'
places. The best one is an outside light which lights our pond area and
which is powered from a socket in an upstairs bedroom. With the remote
control, we can switch it on from the lounge. Visitors are *very* impressed!
--
Cheers,
Set Square