DeepDiver

Default Florida tourists warned that locals could shoot them.

wrote in message ...

I've been shot once. BB gun. I was compacting the ground for my ga
^H^H workshop when I felt an sharp pain in my back. I went to the
house to have my wife look at it and she said, it is a round hole and
ran to the door. She spied the neighboors kids running away with their
bb guns.

I called the sheriffs office and the deputy came out. Eventually they
contacted the mother who did the sob story and I let it go. The next
day, the very same kids were out with .22 rifles. So for a while, I
just touched of my .44 super blackhawk a few times at my 50 yard trap
when I got home and wore it on my side while working.

Fast forward a bit. This very same family got into a road rage thing,
used a cell phone to call a sister and ambushed an elderly couple at a
major intersecton near the sisters home.

Well one of the punks is facing felony time, the house next door is
likely going up on tax sale and justice finally caught up with the
family.

Sometimes it all works out.

Perhaps it would have "worked out" earlier and better for all involved if
you hadn't bought the mother's sob story.

Shooting people with any firearm (including a BB gun) is entirely
unacceptable behavior for a "child" and should be dealt with severely.
Unless the father and mother clearly demonstrated to me that they were going
to "put the fear of God" into their children and punish them severely for
their irresponsible actions, then I would have pressed criminal charges
against both the punks and the parents. (Although, I suspect this was yet
another fatherless household.)

- Michael