Default Heating my shop. Two options both electric

Running electric heat in the 30-50 range will cost you an extra $200 a
winter in electric bills anyway. Heat pumps are good for certain
applications. I use them to heat my log home, but I have propane for
when it gets below 30 degrees. When I referred to the strip heat, I
didn't mean the window unit but the other heat crankers that were being
referred to. Just because something is 100% effecient doesn't mean its
the most cost effective (compare water heaters between electric and
gas). If he's in Michigan or Minnesota, the window unit wouldn't make
sense, but some areas it would have a dual purpose if the place needs
cooling during the summer. If electricity costs aren't a concern, go
with the electric blast furnaces that are being referred to. If energy
costs are a concern, its a reasonable consideration.

The electric bill would go through the roof anyway with the other
electric heaters that are being referred to.

Thanks.
Jeff