Default creating a golf ball

Slighty off topic but,

many years ago my Dad was given a presentation box of golf balls
showing the various stages of their manufacture, from the core to the
winding of layers of elastic and the hard case etc.

Inspired by this, and in the infinite wisdom of a small child, I
decided to retrieve said bands from a golf ball I had picked up on a
walk.

So, with screwdriver in hand, I started to chip away at the outer case
and started to create a hole.

The first my parents knew of my success was hearing me screaming and
rushing through to the room to find me and the room covered in pink
liquid. Yup, there were no rubber bands in this one, just a lot of high
pressure gunge that squirted out of the ball, up my nose, in my mouth
and all over the room. it must have looked like a scene from a B movie,
me sitting in the room, drenched in this stuff screaming like only a
child can do.

/Heds