fredbloggstwo

Default timed thermostat

"Michael Chare" wrote in message

"fredbloggstwo" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am looking for a way to have a night and day setting for the hall CH
thermostat with the (obvious) ability to set the switch over times.

Does such a device exist? If so, do you have any recommendations and is

it a
straight substitution for the usual Honeywell unit?

There are a number of units which will allow you to set a temperature

profile,
some have an separatel weekend profile

Is this gas or oil fired central heating, and if so is it fully pumped or

does
it have gravity hot water?

Is there any existing off/on time switch.

--

Michael Chare

I found one in Been and Queued that does what I need. It's a Drayton
Digistat and can replace the old Honeywell wall stat (which was basically a
temperature controlled switch on a normally open set of contacts). The
Drayton has a normally-closed or normally-open set of contacts switched to a
common live. The only thing to watch is that the Drayton doesn't need the
neutral that is normally connected to keep the Honeywell hysteresis resistor
warm. Quite a useful device in that it works on a 5/2 or 7 day cycle.

Again thanks for the pointers and advice

Regards, Mike