Doctor Drivel

Default timed thermostat

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
eenews.net...

wrote in message
john wrote:

"fredbloggstwo" wrote in

message
Hi All,

I am looking for a way to have a night and day setting for the hall

CH
thermostat with the (obvious) ability to set the switch over times.

Does such a device exist? If so, do you have any recommendations

and is
it a
straight substitution for the usual Honeywell unit?

Thanks and regards, Mike

Try one of these - superb:

I don't know what these ones are like but the earlier smaller

Horstmann
progstats were a PITA to use. Sunvic do a nice setback thermostat type
(where you set two temperatures and set times at which it goes from

one
temp to theother) but if you want to set multiple different

temperatures I
suggest the Honeywell CM67 which is easy to program and to adjust in

use,
if you need to. RKM Heating Controls (now called something like

heating
controls online) do the best price I've found for these.

Always get the CM67 with the optimisation function.

Unless you have a gravity hot water system, in which case you would

likely be
better off with a Danfoss TP9.
(if you use a CM67 with a gravity system you would need to leave the

boiler/hot
water on all the time, as the hot water is typically on whenever the

whenever
the programmer says the central heating can be on.).

A CM67 with optimisation will work very well with a system with gravity DHW.
You need to understand how it works and the also the CM67.