CM

Default Clap activated relay switch

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:40:39 +0100, CM
wrote:

Hi

I've got a few lamps as presents that I'm keen to use, but for various
reasons find that switching the things on is pretty awkward.

What I'm looking for is some sort of device which can sit between the
power supply and the lights, and that will activate them if I clap. It
sounds like a pretty simple device, but I haven't been able to find
such a thing - does it exist? Has anyone ever come across them, and if
so are they actually any good?

TIA

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - I'm not sure I've got the
electronics knowhow to actually build the thing - is there a completed
product marketed anywhere? Am I perhaps asking in the wrong newsgroup?