Colbyt

Default wonderboard vs. cement board

"Gntry" wrote in message
newsGq6f.2766$%A1.414@trndny01...
I noticed in "HomeDope" store they have two types of "backer board" for
laying tile over. the cement board that is very common and a newer type
called "wonder board" it's almost like a fiber type composite. anyone have
opinions about which one is better for installing a new tile floor? Seems
like this new fiber board would be easier to handle.

Someone in this group named the wonderboard "crumblecrap".

I completely agree with their name. I have found the slick denser backer
boards to be far easier to move, cut and install. The James Hardie brand
even includes pre made dimpled areas for the nails or screws.

Colbyt