Wes Stewart

Default Lead Acid Battery Charger Recommendation

On 21 Oct 2005 21:25:26 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

Any pictures of this homemade charger?

Sounds interesting.

Befo http://users.triconet.org/wesandlinda/Figure_1.jpg

The circuit board has the 723 and other low power stuff and is removed
and discarded.

After: http://users.triconet.org/wesandlinda/Astron_A_A.jpg

This is not quite the final view. When I took this, I had yet to
receive the precision power resistor that I needed for the current
sampling shunt and was using the DC resistance of a piece of wire for
that.

Sorry no write-up or schematic at this time. I thought about doing it
by saw no market for an article.

Also, consider that this is set up for one max current condition that
is related to the AH rating of your battery and what fraction of same
you want to charge at. I have some ideas on how to make this
variable, but have not implemented them because this design fits my
requirements.

If you decide to use a '3906 here is a little spreadsheet I threw
together to calculate resistor values, etc. Disregard references to
"equalize voltage" as this is not a function of the IC.

http://users.triconet.org/wesandlind...eryCharger.xls

The stuff in the blue boxes is for user input.