mogga

Default Corrugated asbestos

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:25:39 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

abracad_1999 wrote:
I have a garage with a corrugated asbestos roof.

I had one of those - lots of people have them. The thing is,
it's probably "corrugated asbestos cement", and....

Does this pose any health risk?

A very, very, very tiny one.

If so, how to find a suitably qualified company to safely remove it?

My gosh! They'll be beating a path to your door!! You can DIY
it, and save hundreds of pounds, if not thousands, depending
on who would have done the job. So: Try a Google on this group.
Find out about the cost of hiring a van for 1/2 a day, if you
haven't an estate or trailer. Telephone your tidy tip, or
council, to find out where you can dispose of it (yes, you can).
Buy a pair of bolt cutters (18") to split the nuts on the bolts
holding the sheets on. Remove the sheets, dump them, and
replace the roof with a nice pitched one (Google again).

Taking it to the tip will be tricky as most stop vans going in and
will only allow cars under a height barrier. You're supposed to
transport it double wrapped in a separate compartment from the drivers
section. You can pay some geezers to officially remove it and they'll
just throw it in the back of their transit van no worries.
--
Promotional codes, discounts, money off
http://www.promotionalcode.co.uk/