Edwin Pawlowski

Default Roofing contractor, MAJOR screw up

"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote in message
I signed a "Contractor Proposal" that spec's color, manufacturer, and
product (i.e. "30 year laminated dimensional"). I had to initial all
customer selections, e.g color, manufactuere, &tc.

I don't expect that they'll tear it off and put the right color on.
But they've elimnated my preferred color schemes for the exterior
paint, &tc.

That IRKS the hell out of me.

That seems to put you in a very good position. Step one is to determine
just how much it really irks you. Once determined, you can decide on the
proper remedy. If you absolutely abhor the color, he may have to do a
tearoff. If, after a few days of viewing, you determine that the color is
not all that bad, a substantial discount is in order. That saves the
contractor a bundle of time and money and saves you a bundle of money too.
It would not be to much to ask for 40% to 50% off. That may please him so
he can get to the next job to recoup the loss on yours.

For best results, approach in a calm business-like manner. After all, it is
a human error, not something done to **** you off. The contractor is as
upset as you are and want to settle.
--
Ed