budgie

Default Lead Acid Battery Charger Recommendation

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:58:56 -0700, Wes Stewart wrote:

On 20 Oct 2005 18:23:08 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

I would be interested in hearing a recommendation for a charger for
lead acid batteries.

I am looking for a charger that gives an indication of charging status
(no idiot lights please), capability for flooded cells, sealed lead
acid and any other options you have found useful.

(snip)

"smart charger" board that I modified, for charge control. The board
uses the Unitrode (now TI) UC3906 IC

http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/psheets/ab...ps/slua115.htm

that is specifically designed for this.

I use and freely recommend the UC3906 for SLA's, but have never investigated
their use on flooded cells. Very interesting .....