Colbyt

Default chain link fence question

"The DaveŠ" wrote in message
When getting a 4' chain link fence installed around the yard, and I
have a dog, how necessary is it to get the extra tension wire at the
bottom of the fence?

The fence contractor says it's not really necessary unless you have a
dog that digs alot, or other pressures on the fence. I have a very
mellow basset hound that eats and sleeps, and digging has never been a
problem. The contractor's advice seems reasonable, but would like to
get a second opinion. Thanks.

--
"I ain't evil, I'm just good lookin'..."

Your contractor is right. I doubt you need it.

But why don't you just ask him if there is any reason the wire can't be
added at a later date if it is needed. You might also ask a ballpark cost
in today's dollars of adding it to an existing fence. Understand that this
price is meaningless 30 days from now.

Colbyt