Mary Fisher

Default Loft conversion of a bungalow

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:14:52 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Best go way over building regs ininsulation. The levels are to increase

in a
few years so bets get to those levels at least.

If they keep on increasing, we will eventually be buying blocks of
insulation, not houses...

When I was a lad there was ice on the INSIDE of the windows in winter.

Same here. I miss watching the crystals grow, like feathers or flowers ...
and pressing a warm penny (a proper penny) on the patterns (like fractals)
to make a peephole.

We do still get ice on the inside of the single glazed windows of our old
caravans, in winter. We solved that by clipping woolen car blankets to the
OUTSIDE of the windows overnight and we can still have the windows open a
little.

Mary

MM