Chuck

Default Help wanted - Indexing on the Super Nova chuck

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:31:46 +0000 (UTC), "Tony Wells"
wrote:

Some help please. Whilst the Super Nova 2 chuck now has an indexing ring, my
original Super Nova hasn't, and I need one to achieve a series of equally
spaced holes around a bowl rim. The headstock design of my Draper lathe
prevents me from attaching anything to that, so has anyone fitted one
directly to the chuck or it's jaws please?

Assuming you thread your chuck on to the spindle, you could make a
metal plate with the same sized center hole as the spindle, with
indexing holes drilled therein, slip plate onto spindle, thread on
chuck, Viola.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com