Lobster

Default Adding restrictor to existing uPVC window

Hi all

Further to my little rant here recently about BCOs and 'means of
escape' windows, I've been talking further with mine about the 3
windows which she wants me to replace.

It turns out that one of them (which already opens, but is too low for
safety) can be legitimised if I fit a restrictor to prevent it opening
far enough to fall out of, but which can be overridden in the case of
emergency. Anyone got any ideas where I'd get one of these (or how I
could make one even?)

The window concerned is one of those uPVC one which has hinges along
the bottom as well as up the side, to allow both modes of opening.
The model is no longer made, so no chance of finding 'spares' or
alternative fittings for it.

Any thoughts on this much appreciated.

David