Unquestionably Confused

Default Heating my shop. Two options both electric

on 10/21/2005 2:40 PM George said the following:
"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
.. .

Ergo, to maintain the same level of heat, your baseboard unit at 2200w is
going to have to be on a little more than twice as long as the 4800w
heater.

I'm sure that there will be differences between the two due to placement
and the fan but, again, nothing to really worry about.

I don't know that he's going to _maintain_ or warm as required.

Big difference between passive and active dispersal of warm air. Not the
least of which is that baseboard heaters warm the sheetrock on the walls
while the other, located closer to the action in the middle of the shop,
warms the air that makes you feel good.

Good point and one that I completely ignored. Most any of the sellers
of convection baseboard or other shop heaters have on-line guides
showing the recommended wattage/btu required.

IIRC there wasn't all that much difference in the recommended wattage
for my space (slightly larger than his) between the ceiling mounted fan
unit and the convection baseboard

The 4800 watter will definitely heat that space unless he's up north of
Bemidji perhaps. I've got 5000 watts with my Dayton in the NW Chicago
burbs and it works like a charm.