:::Jerry::::

Default Jump leads -- a cautionary tale

"Matt" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Unlike Drivel who likes to claim many things about himself without

any
proof, I can assure you Jerry has worked in the motor trade for

many a
year.

He may well have, but asserting that lead acid batteries "can't
explode" is absolute and utter clap trap, already borne out by
personal experiences of two posters to this thread alone.

But I never said that...

In the circumstances I'll add mine albeit witnessed from a distance

I have seen many batteries explode, sometimes at far to a quarter,
but I have NEVER seen one explode due to merely being shorted out,
especially the length of jump leads away.

Many years ago I saw the remains of a truck battery very firmly
embedded in the walls of a workshop. The battery was off a 7.5

tonne
ex-army truck with a dozen seats that was used to transport the

karts
snip

Sorry, but having seen larger batteries off larger vehicles than a
7.5 t lorry explode, mostly due to internal faults, you story
(because that is what is, with a lot of 'padding' I suggest...)
doesn't quite fit what actually happens what a battery case explodes.