news

Default Jump leads -- a cautionary tale

A few weeks ago I returned from holiday to find the car battery was
totally flat. The only neighbour at home who might have helped start the
car didn't have any jump leads, and neither did I, so I had to call in
Homestart to get the car going.

Determined not to get into that situation again, I bought a pair of jump
leads. Magnificent specimens, heavy cables, large crocodile clips
surrounded in thick insulating plastic to prevent accidental short
circuits.

Then, a few days ago, I came across an old gent in a car park, trying to
start his car. As the car was a Rover, I felt sorry for him, and said I
could give him a jump start. I positioned my car alongside his, and then
got the brand new jump leads from the boot.

Major problem. The insulating plastic around the clips was so thick that
it was totally impossible to attach them to the battery terminals in
either car!

Half an hour with a hacksaw was needed to remove the plastic at the open
ends of the clips, and now it's possible to attach them to the battery.

So if you have jump leads and have never tried them out, you know what
you have to do.

--
Ian

news wrote:
Then, a few days ago, I came across an old gent in a car park, trying to
start his car. As the car was a Rover, I felt sorry for him, and said I
could give him a jump start. I positioned my car alongside his, and then
got the brand new jump leads from the boot.

Last time I helped someone out in such a situation, it was at work.
I connected up my end, and he had the other ends to connect up his end.
Big flash and crackle before I yanked a lead off. Well, he connected
them round the wrong way. Was just thinking to myself that I should
have done it and not trusted it to anyone else, when it dawned on me
that he is the engineer who designs the high power (like 5V @ 1000W)
supplies for the minicomputers we manufactured.

Fortunately, no damage done.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Peter Taylor

"news" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I returned from holiday to find the car battery was totally
flat. The only neighbour at home who might have helped start the car didn't
have any jump leads, and neither did I, so I had to call in Homestart to
get the car going.

Determined not to get into that situation again, I bought a pair of jump
leads.

You still need someone kind enough to help you out. I remember coming back
to Heathrow from Glasgow one evening to find I'd left my headlights on all
day. I had a nice pair of leads with me, but not one person I asked had the
kindness to help me. 'Twas a Triumph Dolomite. Maybe if I'd had a
Rover......

Peter

Jonathan Pearson

Peter Taylor wrote:
You still need someone kind enough to help you out. I remember
coming back to Heathrow from Glasgow one evening to find I'd left my
headlights on all day. I had a nice pair of leads with me, but not
one person I asked had the kindness to help me. 'Twas a Triumph
Dolomite. Maybe if I'd had a Rover......

..... or you lived up north!
Jon

Michael Chare

"Peter Taylor" wrote in message

"news" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I returned from holiday to find the car battery was totally
flat. The only neighbour at home who might have helped start the car didn't
have any jump leads, and neither did I, so I had to call in Homestart to
get the car going.

Determined not to get into that situation again, I bought a pair of jump
leads.

You still need someone kind enough to help you out. I remember coming back
to Heathrow from Glasgow one evening to find I'd left my headlights on all
day. I had a nice pair of leads with me, but not one person I asked had the
kindness to help me. 'Twas a Triumph Dolomite. Maybe if I'd had a
Rover......

With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of using jump
leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

--

Michael Chare

dennis@home

"Michael Chare" wrote in message

With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of using
jump
leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

Have you ever seen a car electronics damaged by using jumper leads?
What would be the failure mechanism?

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of
using jump leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting and
provides terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot.

--
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" thougha haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting

That's called crank handle.

snip the rest

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting

That's called crank handle.

Like your 'name', John?

--
*One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Drivel

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
Doctor Drivel wrote:

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting

That's called crank handle.

Like your 'name',

My name is not handle.

snip senile drivel

John Schmitt

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:34:38 +0100, Doctor Drivel
wrote:

My name is not handle.

We all know that. It rhymes with the island of Sri Lanka.

John Schmitt

Doctor Drivel

news
wrote:

My name is not handle.

We all know that. It rhymes with the island of Sri Lanka.

Randolph, my name does not rhyme with Ceylon. Now your old name rhymed with
S**t. Just as well you changed it.

Nick

wrote:

My name is not handle.

We all know that. It rhymes with the island of Sri Lanka.

John Schmitt

Someone else not impressed with "doctor drivel" - that's two in ten minutes,
not counting the ones I've missed....

Nick

Doctor Drivel

wrote:

My name is not handle.

We all know that. It rhymes with the island of Sri Lanka.

John Schmitt

Someone else not impressed with "doctor drivel" - that's two in ten
minutes,
not counting the ones I've missed....

Randolph is a great admirer of mine.

Hamie

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:

With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of
using jump leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting and
provides terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot.

Same as mine. There's a dirty great +ve terminal on top of the engine
under a plastic cover, and a (Brass looking) bolt on the front right
suspension bolts for the -ve.

Although always connect last, and remove the +ve terminal first when
it's started.

Matt

Hamie wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:

With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of
using jump leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting and
provides terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot.

Same as mine. There's a dirty great +ve terminal on top of the engine
under a plastic cover, and a (Brass looking) bolt on the front right
suspension bolts for the -ve.

Although always connect last, and remove the +ve terminal first when
it's started.

NO NO NO

Always connect the earthed connection last and remove first

Also never complete the connection in the vicinity of the battery i.e
don't ever use the -ve battery terminal

Bob Eager

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:14:57 UTC, Andy Champ wrote:

Matt wrote:
NO NO NO

Always connect the earthed connection last and remove first

I've often heard this said. Why?

If you connect the earthed connection first...and then drop/brush the
other lead against the body of the car.....

Also never complete the connection in the vicinity of the battery i.e
don't ever use the -ve battery terminal

Hydrogen?

At least.
Aidan

Andy Champ wrote:

Hydrogen?

Hydrogen and Oxygen. Yeah!

The battery can dry out leaving a empty space to fill up with hydrogen
& oxygen, an explosive mixture.

A long time ago I blew such a battery up, left a spanner on it while
turning the engine over. Big bang.

BLOODY HUGE BANG!

I was left with the bottom 2 inches of the battery casing containing a
steaming puddle of acid and the remnants of the plates dangling on the
connections. The only reason I didn't get a hot shower of acid and
plastic shrapnel was that I was in the car & the bonnet was up. It was
a "sealed for life" battery so I hadn't been able to check the
electrolyte level. Not much acid spillage, other than droplets; there
hadn't been much acid in it.

I repeat the embarrassing story only in hope of preventing anyone else
getting blinded or killed by an exploding battery. The final connection
is liable to cause a spark and so is to the chassis or engine and a
loooooooooooong way away from the battery.

Treat with utmost caution. Be very afraid.

Matt

Andy Champ wrote:

Matt wrote:
NO NO NO

Always connect the earthed connection last and remove first

I've often heard this said. Why?

Also never complete the connection in the vicinity of the battery i.e
don't ever use the -ve battery terminal

Hydrogen?

Because the first wire you connect is NOT a problem (unless the bodies
are touching) You could drop the clips onto the body or anywhere and
not cause a "flash" Then when you connect the 2nd wire, at the "good
vehicle" end then its still a relatively safe situation as you can
easily connect to the "flat battery vehicle" preferably on an earth
strap well away from the battery terminals as if a spark occurs it
will be away from explosive hydrogen that may be around the battery
(its a slim chance)

Do it the other way round, earth first and you always have a +ve
terminal to connect last and usually this can only be done at the
battery, drop the jump lead in the engine bay of the "flat battery
vehicle" and you may get a big bang and a screwed up electrical system
on the "good vehicle" also as you connect to the "flat battery
vehicle" you might get a spark and explode the hydrogen again.

Of course if you've done it loads of times you connect both wires to
the good battery, walk to the flat one and connect the +ve one a
second or two before you do the -ve one and all is well .......until
the day you get distracted, put the clips on the floor, then there is
a spark and the leads start smoking and glowing, the good vehicle revs
drop and the alternator blows, the battery explodes and showers
everyone with acid.

:::Jerry::::

"Matt" wrote in message
Andy Champ wrote:

Matt wrote:
[...]

....and just why would the battery explode, the alternator will cease
to output after the regulator vaporises, the leads might start to
glow but the battery will just discharge - as all you are doing is a
(servier) load bank test - it won't do the battery much good but it's
extremely unlikely to cause it to explode.

There is some utter clap-trap in this thread, most of you are
clueless as to the real risks and what are very slim possibilities or
'old wives tales'...

I'm not going to bother explaining but most of you are clueless as to
how to use jump leads correctly and are likely to do more damage to
one or both of the cars electrical systems - leave well alone or be
very afraid!

Matt

":::Jerry::::" wrote:

...and just why would the battery explode, the alternator will cease
to output after the regulator vaporises, the leads might start to
glow but the battery will just discharge - as all you are doing is a
(servier) load bank test - it won't do the battery much good but it's
extremely unlikely to cause it to explode.

Utter claptrap that just proves how wrong you are "Jerry" In no way
does this equate to a simple load test. Just get back to your
plumbing counter and stop messing with things you simply do not
understand.

Terry

A lot of this is irrelevant because the OP clearly indicated that battery
was in the trunk of the car!

More often a car battery is mounted adjacent to the engine and usually the
reason for boosting (jump starting) is that it has run down/hasn't been
charged properly, cold weather etc.

In this colder climate of Eastern Canada carrying a set of cables and/or
stopping to 'give somone a boost' is not that unusual.

Battery explosions are rare; but agree a lot of people do not understand the
hazard of making a spark at/near the battery; either when making the initial
boosting connection or after the boosted vehicle has started; due to the
production of hydrogen and oxygen as the battery is being rapidly recharged!
(BTW nowadays most/all North American sold cars now seem to be 12 volt
negative ground).

So, unfortunately the instruction not to connect to the negative
post/terminal of the battery itself is often ignored.

Better understood, but also often ignored, considering that replacing a
burnt out alternator with a rebuilt can typically cost $100 (40 to 50 quid)
installed, is to not run the engine of the boosting vehicle (merely use its
battery to start the stalled one),

What does seem to be better understood is to disconnect the cables from the
boosting vehicle first and also to connect the negative cable at the
boosting vehicle to something negative such as a lift hook on the engine
block etc. Thus any spark at disconnection is away from the battery vents.

I have seen a portion of a battery blow up, forunately no one was injured by
flying acid but the cover of two end cells of the battery were blown right
off! However there was enough 'oomph' and connection left in the battery for
the owner to drive it to the nearby town to buy another battery! I guess,
while doing that, fortunately the battery didn't go 'open' in which case the
voltage might have gone out of sight and blown other car electrics. I think
that was still back in pre-alternator days. You could tell back then that a
vehicle had a weak battery; when the engine slowed down to an idle the
lights would dim. Driving at speed they could be superbright!

etillet

Matt wrote:

Of course if you've done it loads of times you connect both wires to
the good battery, walk to the flat one and connect the +ve one a
second or two before you do the -ve one and all is well .......until
the day you get distracted, put the clips on the floor, then there is
a spark and the leads start smoking and glowing, the good vehicle revs
drop and the alternator blows, the battery explodes and showers
everyone with acid.

Lead acid batteries do have a rather low internal resistance! Great for
fireworks and rapid heating of jump leads
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Terry wrote:
Better understood, but also often ignored, considering that replacing a
burnt out alternator with a rebuilt can typically cost $100 (40 to 50
quid) installed, is to not run the engine of the boosting vehicle
(merely use its battery to start the stalled one),

All car alternators are inherently current limiting. The internal
resistance of a car battery means they have to be so. Sticking another
battery in parallel and even starting the engine in this state really
makes little difference.

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Matt wrote:
...and just why would the battery explode, the alternator will cease
to output after the regulator vaporises, the leads might start to
glow but the battery will just discharge - as all you are doing is a
(servier) load bank test - it won't do the battery much good but it's
extremely unlikely to cause it to explode.

Utter claptrap that just proves how wrong you are "Jerry" In no way
does this equate to a simple load test. Just get back to your
plumbing counter and stop messing with things you simply do not
understand.

Unlike Drivel who likes to claim many things about himself without any
proof, I can assure you Jerry has worked in the motor trade for many a
year.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
:::Jerry::::

"Matt" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote:

...and just why would the battery explode, the alternator will

cease
to output after the regulator vaporises, the leads might start to
glow but the battery will just discharge - as all you are doing is

(servier) load bank test - it won't do the battery much good but

it's
extremely unlikely to cause it to explode.

Utter claptrap that just proves how wrong you are "Jerry" In no

way
does this equate to a simple load test. Just get back to your
plumbing counter and stop messing with things you simply do not
understand.

....and just how many lead acid batteries have you made, filled,
charged and then fitted, also just how many have you fault found and
then repaired?...

It's you and the other 'want-ta-be' experts who need to find a clue,
or are you going to suggest that any resistance applied to a battery
is going to cause it to explode....

Matt

":::Jerry::::" wrote:

or are you going to suggest that any resistance applied to a battery
is going to cause it to explode....

A shorted jump lead is a very small step away from a solid copper bar
across the terminals, but it would appear your jump leads must have
safety resistors of a few Giga Ohms so they will always be
unconditionally safe.

If you wish to ban all conducting materials no matter what their
resistance on the grounds they might be dangerous when applied across
the terminals of a lead acid battery then go ahead, i'm sure the
******s in Brussels would love to take up your cause.

:-)

Matt

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Unlike Drivel who likes to claim many things about himself without any
proof, I can assure you Jerry has worked in the motor trade for many a
year.

He may well have, but asserting that lead acid batteries "can't
explode" is absolute and utter clap trap, already borne out by
personal experiences of two posters to this thread alone.

In the circumstances I'll add mine albeit witnessed from a distance

Many years ago I saw the remains of a truck battery very firmly
embedded in the walls of a workshop. The battery was off a 7.5 tonne
ex-army truck with a dozen seats that was used to transport the karts
and pupils to kart club meetings. Some reworking was being done on
the truck where the karts slid onto racks and the battery had been
removed for better access. It had been left in the workshop storeroom
for a number of weeks, well out of the way, usually under lock and
key and with the terminals well protected.

One evening some renegade school karting club pupils got a bit bored
waiting for their drives and wandered off through the open workshop
and thought it would be a good idea to drop a steel bar across the
terminals. After a few seconds it was glowing, moving from dull red
to orange and with smoke and fumes pouring from the rubber casing.
They changed their minds about it being a good idea at this point but
nothing would move the bar, so they scarpered and merged into the
crowd watching the karts. Shortly afterwards the battery had had
enough and ended up in hundreds of pieces with bits flying all over
the place. Despite a few 100cc karts tearing around in the playground
only fifty yards away the noise of the explosion and the half dozen
windows disintegrating immediately attracted everyone's attention. The
cleanup cost a fortune and the kart club was closed. The perpetrators
were never caught although the staff always had their suspicions (one
of the teachers was a friend of my parents) About ten years later the
full story came out during a beer fuelled evening before one of the
perpetrators emigrated to Canada. Me? I was looking at a spark plug
at the time, jumped out of my skin, dropped it and smashed it.
Normally that would be time for an earful from the teacher but on this
occasion they had a lot more to worry about.

The dropped jump leads shorting mentioned previously happened at a
local farm a few years ago, the day was stinking hot and being bare
chested the guy ended up with battery acid over his back and chunks of
plastic battery casing embedded in a tender place.

Aidan

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
...and just how many lead acid batteries have you made, filled,
charged and then fitted, also just how many have you fault found and
then repaired?...

It's you and the other 'want-ta-be' experts who need to find a clue,

Are you asserting that they won't explode?

I'm a don't-wannabe-an-expert with regard to lead acid batteries. It
exploded. I was there. What more can I tell you?

I'd always assumed that it was an explosive mixture of hydrogen &
oxygen. I still think that was the cause. I had heard elsewhere that
they can explode as a result of the electrolyte boiling if you short
the terminals, as per the kart story.

:::Jerry::::

"Matt" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Unlike Drivel who likes to claim many things about himself without

any
proof, I can assure you Jerry has worked in the motor trade for

many a
year.

He may well have, but asserting that lead acid batteries "can't
explode" is absolute and utter clap trap, already borne out by
personal experiences of two posters to this thread alone.

But I never said that...

In the circumstances I'll add mine albeit witnessed from a distance

I have seen many batteries explode, sometimes at far to a quarter,
but I have NEVER seen one explode due to merely being shorted out,
especially the length of jump leads away.

Many years ago I saw the remains of a truck battery very firmly
embedded in the walls of a workshop. The battery was off a 7.5

tonne
ex-army truck with a dozen seats that was used to transport the

karts
snip

Sorry, but having seen larger batteries off larger vehicles than a
7.5 t lorry explode, mostly due to internal faults, you story
(because that is what is, with a lot of 'padding' I suggest...)
doesn't quite fit what actually happens what a battery case explodes.

Aidan

Aidan wrote:
Are you asserting that they won't explode?

Had a search on the HSE website and found a fascinating report of
accidents involving fork lift trucks.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/sir60.pdf

Quote from that report;

116. Eight (57%) of the total number of accidents/incidents
investigated involved battery explosions. Four (50%) of these
accidents/incidents
occurred during battery charging because operatives or drivers placed
or dropped metal objects on top of the batteries or a loose connection
or
exposed cable caused a spark that ignited hydrogen given off by the
charging process. Two (25%) occurred when vehicles were being jump
started. And two (25%) when trucks were being driven soon after battery
charging and a loose connection caused sparks that ignited hydrogen
given off by the batteries.

That's confirmed it then, lead acid batteries can explode.

:::Jerry::::

"Matt" wrote in message
":::Jerry::::" wrote:

or are you going to suggest that any resistance applied to a

battery
is going to cause it to explode....

A shorted jump lead is a very small step away from a solid copper

bar
across the terminals, but it would appear your jump leads must have
safety resistors of a few Giga Ohms so they will always be
unconditionally safe.

Well considering that I have seen a solid bar (as use as a busbar)
short out a fully charged battery you are more likely to melt the
lead terminals that case an explosion. Stop your utter ,
ill-informed, clap trap!

I notice that you seem to have forgotten to tell us just what actual
experience you have with lead acid batteries...

:::Jerry::::

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
...and just how many lead acid batteries have you made, filled,
charged and then fitted, also just how many have you fault found

and
then repaired?...

It's you and the other 'want-ta-be' experts who need to find a

clue,

Are you asserting that they won't explode?

I said it's unlikely to explode.

I'm a don't-wannabe-an-expert with regard to lead acid batteries.

It
exploded. I was there. What more can I tell you?

What was the fault with the battery, an internal break in the
inter-cell connecting bars or perhaps between posts and plates? The
jump leads themselves were not what caused it to exploded, any such
load could have caused the same, indeed I have seen cases were a
starter motor that draw a higher than normal current has caused a
faulty battery to explode.

I'd always assumed that it was an explosive mixture of hydrogen &
oxygen. I still think that was the cause. I had heard elsewhere

that
they can explode as a result of the electrolyte boiling if you

short
the terminals, as per the kart story.

You are correct that the hydrogen / oxygen mix *can* cause a battery
to explode [1], but the original story in this thread was about jump
leads being shorted out away from the battery, unless there is an
internal fault that causes an internal spark it's very unlikely that
the short out jump lead alone would cause the explosion - otherwise a
load bank test would do the same to any battery tested!

I should also add that the comments about clipping the 'grounded' end
of the jump leads to the engine of the non starting car is often done
not due to any possible problem with the batteries but the fact that
by doing so it removes the possibility of a faulty engine earth
(grounding) cable.

:::Jerry::::

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Aidan wrote:
[...]

FFS, learn to read what I said and not what some **** thinks I said,
and were does it say above 'due to jump leads shorting out at the non
battery end'?...

raden

In message .com,
Aidan writes

:::Jerry:::: wrote:
...and just how many lead acid batteries have you made, filled,
charged and then fitted, also just how many have you fault found and
then repaired?...

It's you and the other 'want-ta-be' experts who need to find a clue,

Are you asserting that they won't explode?

I'm a don't-wannabe-an-expert with regard to lead acid batteries. It
exploded. I was there. What more can I tell you?

I've also seen the aftermath of a lead acid battery exploding, I missed
it by about 5 minutes

When I say explode, I mean explode, not a gentle leak from one corner

--
geoff
Aidan

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

FFS, learn to read what I said and not what some **** thinks I said,
and were does it say above 'due to jump leads shorting out at the non
battery end'?...

I had read what you had written. At that time what you had written was
this;

"...and just how many lead acid batteries have you made, filled,
charged and then fitted, also just how many have you fault found and
then repaired?...

It's you and the other 'want-ta-be' experts who need to find a clue,
or are you going to suggest that any resistance applied to a battery
is going to cause it to explode.... "

You have since added to it, but at that time your respones was to the
effect of; that's rubbish, I'm an expert, you're not and I'm not
telling you what I know, so there.

In the absence of your expert contribution, I then researched it
elsewhere and found that battery explosions are a regular occurence. So
many thanks for nothing, I've found out what I wanted to know without
any assistance from you.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Aidan wrote:
In the absence of your expert contribution, I then researched it
elsewhere and found that battery explosions are a regular occurence.

I'm sure there are worldwide - given the number of cars. But I've been
tinkering with cars for many a year and have never had problems. Perhaps
because I learned very early on to respect electricity.

--
*Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Matt

":::Jerry::::" wrote:

I should also add that the comments about clipping the 'grounded' end
of the jump leads to the engine of the non starting car is often done
not due to any possible problem with the batteries but the fact that
by doing so it removes the possibility of a faulty engine earth
(grounding) cable.

The "possible problem with the batteries" IS THE PROBLEM

Matt

":::Jerry::::" wrote:

Sorry, but having seen larger batteries off larger vehicles than a
7.5 t lorry explode, mostly due to internal faults, you story
(because that is what is, with a lot of 'padding' I suggest...)
doesn't quite fit what actually happens what a battery case explodes.

Actually there was a worldwide shortage of steel that year due to the
new invention of heavier than balsa aircraft and this fact, together
with savage education cutbacks, meant the karts were sold off the
first week of term so the school could afford chairs for the pupils to
sit on.

The battery that never exploded was still in the army truck that was
hundreds of miles away on a secret joint SAS Home Guard exercise on
Salisbury Plain. This battery carried on working for another 5 years
before it was melted down to form a new roof for the local church and
a selection of fishing weights for JR Hartley.

Just before they placed the non existent steel bar on the non existent
battery terminals the famous three who never existed were all abducted
by aliens who took the non existent battery back to planet zog to
temporarily power a new kind of combi boiler they were developing. The
aliens returned to earth and for a laugh and as a lasting reminder of
their visit sprayed electrolyte around the room and hammered bits of
battery casing into the wall.

The non existent workshop windows were damaged by the sonic blast of
the alien spacecraft leaving as they performed a triple salko round
the science block (now fully equipped with chairs) so the famous three
who never put a steel bar on the terminals of a battery in the first
place could be deposited round the back of the bike sheds where they
subsequently spent the next hour examining the literary aspects of an
old copy of Mayfair while having a crafty smoke.

Due to restrictions being placed on all British citizens that have
been abducted by aliens from emigrating to Canada the story never
emerged on a night fuelled by beer as all the beer in the non existent
pub had been used instead to fill the new explosive proof lead alcohol
batteries, one of which by total coincidence had just been removed
from a brand new unwanted Army truck, that, due to a sudden outbreak
of worldwide peace, had been donated to a local school. The school
immediately set up a kart club and modified the truck to transport
karts and pupils all over the country.

Toyota meanwhile, in what would subsequently be seen as an extremely
bad move, took over Budweiser but then realised their new lead "weak
as ****" alcohol fuelled Prius would only travel to the end of a four
house cul-de-sac before deliberately crashing into a lamp post and
announcing "attention battery flat fuel tank empty driver sober"
simultaneously in Japanese, Klingon and Serbo-Croat.

Get over it Jerry, It happened, the aftermath was witnessed by a few
dozen pupils, staff and parents.

MFI (a cautionary tale) R UK diy 22 August 5th 05 07:37 PM
Wish list: Tidy Test Leads KLM Electronics Repair 3 July 29th 05 06:34 PM
OT - 386 code Cliff Metalworking 40 January 24th 05 05:47 AM