Skype_man

Default Sony KV-35S26: No Power.

Common failure in these type of T.V.,'s are the
2-2sc4834, 1-2sc4927, 1-vdr-601, 2-vdr-602
(sometimes), 0.1 ohm fusible R607. Not sure if this
is exactly the same as your unit though. There are a
few different chassis. Look at these parts, & you will
likely see they are bad. Sky.

"Shawn" wrote in message

Hello. My Sony KV-35S26 television just died. No warning or anything as
it had been working perfectly for the 6 years or so that I've owned it
and I am the sole owner. The only problem is that I had to adjust the
tilt correction to max, but doing so positioned the screen perfectly...
no idea if that make a difference. I've always had it hooked up to a
surge protector as well.

I didn't see it actually happen, but it was ON when it happened if that
makes any difference. I went into another room and came back 10 minutes
later and the TV was off. I tried to turn it back on and nothing. No
power, no picture, no audio, no Stand-By light lit or blinking.
Nothing. I unplugged it a plugged it in to several other outlets that I
know work and still nothing.

I'm hoping I can remedy this problem myself and I'm hoping someone here
has experienced this issue before and fixed their problem. Is there a
fuse or anything I can check? Because it acts like I blew a fuse or
something. If there is a fuse, where exactly is it and how do I get to
it? I'm not very knowledgeable about electronics and I don't know the
technical jargon, but I can follow directions and fix this if indeed it
can be fixed. I've messed around and modified other electronics by
following online instructions, so if it can be fixed, I can do it. I
just need some instructions on what to do if anyone knows anything
about my problem.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-Shawn

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also tried to turn the TV on using my
remote as well as the power button on the face of the TV and got no
response.

--
Shawn