Junior Member

Default Sony KV-35S26: No Power.

Hello. My Sony KV-35S26 television just died. No warning or anything as it had been working perfectly for the 6 years or so that I've owned it and I am the sole owner. The only problem is that I had to adjust the tilt correction to max, but doing so positioned the screen perfectly... no idea if that make a difference. I've always had it hooked up to a surge protector as well.

I didn't see it actually happen, but it was ON when it happened if that makes any difference. I went into another room and came back 10 minutes later and the TV was off. I tried to turn it back on and nothing. No power, no picture, no audio, no Stand-By light lit or blinking. Nothing. I unplugged it a plugged it in to several other outlets that I know work and still nothing.

I'm hoping I can remedy this problem myself and I'm hoping someone here has experienced this issue before and fixed their problem. Is there a fuse or anything I can check? Because it acts like I blew a fuse or something. If there is a fuse, where exactly is it and how do I get to it? I'm not very knowledgeable about electronics and I don't know the technical jargon, but I can follow directions and fix this if indeed it can be fixed. I've messed around and modified other electronics by following online instructions, so if it can be fixed, I can do it. I just need some instructions on what to do if anyone knows anything about my problem.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-Shawn

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also tried to turn the TV on using my remote as well as the power button on the face of the TV and got no response.

Last edited by Shawn : October 21st 05 at 10:40 AM
Skype_man

Common failure in these type of T.V.,'s are the
2-2sc4834, 1-2sc4927, 1-vdr-601, 2-vdr-602
(sometimes), 0.1 ohm fusible R607. Not sure if this
is exactly the same as your unit though. There are a
few different chassis. Look at these parts, & you will
likely see they are bad. Sky.

--
Shawn

kip

Not to mention the reason for failure..

Resolder every thing in the Horizontal drive sections along with
the Flyback Transformer if you don't you can expect those new parts to blow.

kip.

"Shawn" wrote in message

[...]

Andy Cuffe

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:48:58 -0400, "kip" wrote:

Not to mention the reason for failure..

Resolder every thing in the Horizontal drive sections along with
the Flyback Transformer if you don't you can expect those new parts to blow.

kip.

I've fixed lots of these sets and I've never had to replace the VDRs.
Resoldering the H drive circuit is the most critical thing.

Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

SONY STR-DE635 NO POWER UP Matt Electronics Repair 11 September 28th 05 12:55 PM
Sony 53XBR45 Power on problems. Advice appreciated? Darin Ginther Electronics Repair 2 December 11th 04 05:20 PM
I dropped the tv ( Sony circa December 1985) Accidents HAPPEN Electronics Repair 18 June 22nd 04 05:54 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 06:11 PM