George

Default Using coloured LDD

"Leif Thorvaldson" wrote in message
The color of the LDD solution does change as
a result of drawing out lignins from the wood, also the bark if you are
turning natural edged bowls may well dye the formerly yellow/amber/orange
a dark black or brown colour. I have not noticed any transfer of this to
the various types of wood that I have processed through there.

Lignin takes sulphuric acid to dissolve, so I'm sure Leif means the tannins
and other soluble extractives that accumulate in the darker heartwood. They
come out more readily because of that other ingredient, the detergent.
Wetter water increases solubility.