Matt

Default Looking at Houses To Buy, What To Look For?

If the house you are looking at was built in the 80's.... check the
siding. Google 'masonite class action' for details on why this is
important. (bottom line is masonite made and sold ALOT of bad siding in
that decade).

Another thing: Don't trust the house inspector.

I bought a house that was built in '82, had it inspected as part of the
process, and 6 months later discovered that the majority of the siding,
and the studs behind it (on all sides of the house, primarily the north
face) were rotten. The clues were all there for me to see....but when
buying a house that you think is 'your dream house' your vision becomes
blurred significantly.

Take your time.