Morris Dovey

Default Sadness

jo4hn (in ) said:

| In our three years here in our mountain hamlet, we have made many
| friends. One couple lives a few houses down the street from us.
| They are both in their late 80s but very active. He is a
| woodworker and artist of local renown.
|
| Unfortunately, they and their children have decided that it is time
| that they move back to Los Angeles where, presumably, they can have
| closer access to doctors and the aid of family. He has sold his
| equipment to a mutual friend (excellent choice) and has given his
| wood leftovers to me. I am honored and saddened by the whole
| procedure. Their house is sold and his workshop will become a
| rumpus room by the new owners. We will welcome them and bemoan our
| loss. And we will think of our own mortality. sigh,

Perhaps you can find some consolation in using a bit of the wood he's
left you to make some small, special gift to give in return - and
there's nothing to prevent you from inviting him to visit and share
your shop for an occasional weekend of shavings and sawdust (and old
times).

How much sadder it would be, if no one were sad about his moving
away...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar