Layne

Default Preventing rusty fingerprints on shoulder planes

I'll second Bob's suggestion. I prefer to oil my tools than put a coat
of wax. Paste wax is hard and won't penetrate the metal's surface
(unless it's liquid parafin wax). You touch your plane while you're
applying the wax and I think the wax is sealing in the sweat from your
fingers. If you can't find camellia oil online you can use any
vegetable oil though I prefer camellia oil because it's thinner and
isn't as sticky. A little goes a long long way.

Layne

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:48:37 GMT, "BillyBob"
wrote:

Have you ever tried Camellia oil? I use it on my hand planes.

Bob