James B. Millard

Default Does anyone recognize this article?

James B. Millard wrote:

I've always wanted to make my own scope and have a couple of designs, but
this article:

seems like it might have some decent information. I asked the seller a
couple of questions (author, is it complete, etc) which he didn't answer
so I didn't really feel like bidding.

Anybody seen it? Is it worth it? Who published it?

Just to let everyone know, I believe it to be Popular Mechanics, January,
1949. I went to the university library and checked indexes and found an
article pretty quickly titled "How to Make Riflescopes".

Unfortunately, some jerk had cut the article out of the magazine, so I have
it coming by interlibrary loan.

Thanks again!

Brad

Brad Millard On-line ballistics for small arms...
www.eskimo.com/~jbm