Beachcomber

Default More than 2 1/2 gpm shower faucets?

On 20 Oct 2005 11:19:19 -0700, "';'%?PF ;/l."
wrote:

I broke my butt installing a new three handled shower and tub faucet
only to find that I am disappointed in the amount of water that flows
through it. I was told by the Ferguson parts supplier that a 2 1/2
gallon per minute faucet is standard, noone make a different faucet and
there is no way of increasing the flow. Is this correct? I cannot
believe it.

My questions a

1. Is there some resonable way to modify these faucets to increase the
flow?

2. Does someone make higher flow faucets?

The faucets I put in are Proflo # pfll43a from Ferguson.

Low-Flow Shower Heads.... I don't like the sound of that....
(Seinfeld, circa 1997)

The (US) government requires that the heads sold in the US be low
flow. 2.5 gpm is the standard mamimum. If you open one up, you will
see that the flow restrictor is just a small hole that limits the
water flowing through it. You might be able to drill it out (at your
own risk, of course).

Beachcomber