Mike Young

Default no strip hookup wire i.electronics.repair, sci.electronics.design

"Hul Tytus" wrote in message
Thanks Dave. I tried that this afternoon with another brand of
30 gage wire-wrap wire and it worked. I've put a roll of 26 gage Kynar on
the list.

http://www.westlakeplastics.com/msds...ynar%20740.pdf
"... if this material is heated in excess of 600 F (315 C) hazardous
decomposition products will be produced. Hazardous decomposition products
include hydrogen fluoride and oxides of carbon, the concentrations of which
vary with temperature and heating regimens."

I'm not entirely sure if this applies to the finished insulation; the msds
refers to the raw pellets. I expect that it does, but don't know the risk
level relative to say flux or any of the other junk we burn and breathe.