Bob Sanders

Default 1912 "Machine Shop Library"

I have 9 volumes. Inside lists Engineering Libraries of the McGraw-Hill
Book Co. There were six libraries Mining (9 volumes), Power plant (8
volumes), Machine Shop(9 volumes, Coal mining & Engineering (8 volumes),
Practical Electricity (8 volumes), and Radcliffe Home Study Course in
Practical Electricity (3 volumes).

The Volumes in the Machine shop library (in no particular order are.
1 "Jig and Fixtures" by Colvin and Haas
2 "Practical Mathematics" by Palmer
3 "Composition and Heat Treatment of Steel" by Lake
4 "Accurate Tool Work" by Goodrich and Stanley
5 "Grinding Book" by Colvin and Stanley
6 "Practical Die Making" by Colvin
7 "American Machinist Gear Book" by Logue
8 "Automatic Screw Machines" by Goodrich and Stanley
9 "Machine Drawing and Design" by Marshall

This set I have are all signed by Gus or Luis E. Hall 1921
I can not make out the first name might be Gus or Luis.
Is there any value for this set? Incidentally Machine shop set lists in the
front of the book for $20.
Bob Sanders

"Art" wrote in message
Hi.
Was looking for a list of all the volumes in the old ( Mcgraw-Hill )
"Machine Shop Library"/ "Library of machine shop practice" series,
from some where around 1910 forward.

I only remember the "Tool and Die" volume and the "Jigs and
Fixtures" volume, both of which I believe were by Fred Colvin.

I know there were about 10-12 books in the set though. Does anyone
know all the voilumes?

I tried using the library of congress catalog, but it doesn;t seem to
support listing the volumes within the series (or mabey I just dont
know how to use the system).

TIA
Art