Matt

Default Jump leads -- a cautionary tale

Hamie wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:

With all the modern electronics in cars nowdays, I would be wary of
using jump leads, but I do still carry an old pair!

The hand book of my car actually gives instructions on jump starting and
provides terminals under the bonnet as the battery is in the boot.

Same as mine. There's a dirty great +ve terminal on top of the engine
under a plastic cover, and a (Brass looking) bolt on the front right
suspension bolts for the -ve.

Although always connect last, and remove the +ve terminal first when
it's started.

NO NO NO

Always connect the earthed connection last and remove first

Also never complete the connection in the vicinity of the battery i.e
don't ever use the -ve battery terminal