Ken

Default Duck tape: is there a brand that doesn't leave sticky residue[or is there an alternative]?

wrote:
I want to use something like duck tape to hold down some plastic drop
cloths [and some carpenter's rosin paper] onto floor carpet. However,
duck tape [and to a lesser degree, "gaffer's" tape] leave a sticky
residue if it is left on the carpet for very long.

Ideally, I'd like to leave the tape on the carpet for 3 to 6 months.

My experience is that masking tape doesn't have enough "sticking
power," in addition to the fact that it, too, leaves a very sticky
residue after a short period of time.

Does anyone know what type of tape will be kept on the longest without
leaving its glue? [Even if I can't find something that will last 3
months without depositing its residue, learning about something that
will last longer than duck tape will be useful].

Thanks.

Bob

Have you thought of using an office staple gun to staple the drop cloth
to the baseboard? Such staples are so small that upon removal, the
holes are almost invisible.