Charles Spitzer

Default Transparent Aluminum?

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Don Bruder" wrote in message
One thing I always do is I always get silicone nose pads and spring
hinges.
I have a fairly large pair of glasses with the thicker safety glass lenses
and when these are properly adjusted they don't give me any red marks on
my
nose or slip off my face, even in the hot sun when I am sweating like a
pig.
The real light weight frames are for me, a stinking joke. They constantly
go out of adjustment because they lack the structural integrity needed to
stand up to a little abuse.

there's a very lightweight metal that mine are made of that are bendable.
some sort of titanium alloy i think they told me. they're the lightest i've
ever had, stay in adjustment (as i have NEVER had to have them realigned,
unlike my previous sets of glasses), and i can twist them into a knot and
they bend, but spring back to shape. costs more, of course, but after a few
head plants skiing, they pay for themselves.

regards,
charlie
http://glassartists.org/chaniarts