Roger Shoaf

Default 1912 "Machine Shop Library"

I have American Machinists' Handbook, by Colvin and Stanley, Seventh
edition, copyright 1940. The title page shows the first edition was from
1908 by Hill Publishing. From the second edition in 1914, McGraw-Hill Book
Co. inc. is listed as the copyright holder.

I hope this may be of help.

--
Roger Shoaf

"Art" wrote in message
Hi.
Was looking for a list of all the volumes in the old ( Mcgraw-Hill )
"Machine Shop Library"/ "Library of machine shop practice" series,
from some where around 1910 forward.

I only remember the "Tool and Die" volume and the "Jigs and
Fixtures" volume, both of which I believe were by Fred Colvin.

I know there were about 10-12 books in the set though. Does anyone
know all the voilumes?

I tried using the library of congress catalog, but it doesn;t seem to
support listing the volumes within the series (or mabey I just dont
know how to use the system).

TIA
Art