DeepDiver

Default Transparent Aluminum?

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:47:12 -0700, BillP wrote:

Yep... Even if the stuff IS suitable for applications like eyeglasses,
there's still the "military lag" factor... Us civilians likely won't see
any benefit from it for years, if ever.

Ayyyup!
Bill

Just like mini computers and transistors.

Gunner

I'll go further and say, like just about everything we use in our lives.
Despite the chorus of "War, what is it good for?" from all the blathering
"peaceniks", human conflict (or conflict avoidance through superior military
strength) has driven virtually every significant technological advance since
the dawn of civilization through today. Mind you, I'm not advocating
warmongering for the sake of driving innovation. I'm just reporting the
facts (before the social revisionists rewrite human history).