HeatMan

Default baseboard heat antifreeze

"GIOVANNA PERLES" wrote in message
news:nDg5f.11175$456.52@trnddc08...
Is there such a thing ? can you use car anitfreeze in the system ?
Thanks
Joe

I've already read most of the other replies, but the one question I didn't
see was WHY? If there is a special reason, like a 3-season cottage that
gets shut down during the winter, that's fine.

The point I want to make is if you add anti-freeze to the system, be aware
that you may need to change the pump/circulator. Anti-freeze is thicker
(more resistant to flow), even diluted, and circ that's already there may
not be able to heat the place as well, if at all. Another thing, some
boilers have 'elastomeric' o-rings that will not tolerate the chemicals in
the anti-freeze. Oh, and you may discover leaks in the system that never
showed when it was running with plain water (don't ask me how I know....).