Adam Smith

Default Make a reticle? (was: Does anyone recognize this article?)

http://www.surplusshed.com/ consistently have used reticles at good prices.
I haven't bought reticles, but I've bought other optical goods, they were
very painless pleasant transactions. Next day shipping, perfect packing,
prompt communications yada. I bought a reasonable condition coated 50 mm
objective (in cell) in the last purchase, and I think it was $7 or some such
figure.

I recall that "Procedures in Experimental Physics" (the John Stong book that
somebody mentioned earlier in the day: Lindsay) has a section on using
spider silk to make a reticle. I believe that most folks now stretch single
polypropylene fibers.

(ping James Lerch, Bob May, other of the lurking ATMs?) anybody done this?

Adam Smith,
Midland ON

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
On the subject of rifle scopes, I have a cheap K-Mart scope that someone
gave me. It was used on a shotgun (not by me, honest), which shattered
the reticle. Two questions: a. how does it come apart? and b. is it
possible to make a replacement reticle with simple cross hairs easily? If
anyone has some thoughts, I'll dig it out and supply more details.
Thanks.