John Rumm

Default Clap activated relay switch

CM wrote:

Hi

I've got a few lamps as presents that I'm keen to use, but for various
reasons find that switching the things on is pretty awkward.

What I'm looking for is some sort of device which can sit between the
power supply and the lights, and that will activate them if I clap. It
sounds like a pretty simple device, but I haven't been able to find
such a thing - does it exist? Has anyone ever come across them, and if
so are they actually any good?

You could make one...

These ones are nice (and not dissimilar) - requiring a double hand clap
to toggle the output:

http://www.electronicsforu.com/EFYLi...3/ci4-clap.pdf
http://home.maine.rr.com/randylinscott/dec97.htm

A bit less sophisticated but simpler to build:

http://www.redcircuits.com/Page88.htm

not as good since it is non latching:

http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circui...ng/soundsw.htm

--