BillP

Default Transparent Aluminum?

Robin S. wrote:

I have prescription safety glasses and I work with abrasives every day, both
silicon carbide and aluminium oxide stones and paper/cloth, wheels, etc. I
have no scratches on my glasses and have had them for nearly two years.

Mine are made by AOSafety and have the thicker lenses (as opposed to the
polycarbonate). They're thicker but I think cost less. It occurs to me now
that they might be more scratch resistant (important where I work).

Regards,

Robin

Robin-
You're apparently fortunate in that your exposure to extreem abrasives
is one where you apparently don't have the stuff slung in your face on a
constant basis. I constantly have muddy and sandy slurry in my face and
cannot stop to rinse it off, so it often dries on. (I often CANNOT let
go of what I'm doing)
Dried on mud and fine sandy deposits do NOT just rinse off, so the
scratches, as careful as I am in cleaning my polycarbonate glasses, the
scratches still aren't avoidable.
....And where I get my glasses, they charge almost DOUBLE for glass lenses.
Bill