Robin S.

Default Transparent Aluminum?

"Don Bruder" wrote in message

The part that grabs my attention (as a wearer of corrective lenses not
in contact with the eyeball) is that whole "scratch resistance" thing...
I'm forever cussing at the cost involved in replacing a set of glasses
due to the "fog" of scratches that sooner or later collect on my lenses,
regardless of how carefully I handle them.

I have prescription safety glasses and I work with abrasives every day, both
silicon carbide and aluminium oxide stones and paper/cloth, wheels, etc. I
have no scratches on my glasses and have had them for nearly two years.

Mine are made by AOSafety and have the thicker lenses (as opposed to the
polycarbonate). They're thicker but I think cost less. It occurs to me now
that they might be more scratch resistant (important where I work).

Regards,

Robin