Mike Henry

Default Does anyone recognize this article?

"john" wrote in message

Errol Groff wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:52:30 -0600, "James B. Millard"
wrote:

I've always wanted to make my own scope and have a couple of designs,
but
this article:

seems like it might have some decent information. I asked the seller a
couple of questions (author, is it complete, etc) which he didn't answer
so
I didn't really feel like bidding.

Anybody seen it? Is it worth it? Who published it?

Thanks!

Brad

With a starting bid of $4.00 why not throw a bid and see what happens.
Even if they article is a disapointment how much are you going to
lose?

Life is short. Take a chance!

Errol Groff

Thats probably an old popular Science or popular mechanics article from
the fifties. Back then they didn't have cheap imported scopes.

The guy pictured looks a lot like a guy that went by the name of Sam Brown
who was a regular contributor to Popular Mechanics (PM) and seemed to write
a lot of articles that featured the Atlas shaper and mill. PM published
collections of articles from the monthly mags in their Shop Notes series,
which came out annually from 1905 to around 1960. I have a full set but it
would take a while to wade through the various volumes to see if the article
is in one of them.

Mike