Dave Plowman (News)

Default Lidl tools

In article ,
StealthUK wrote:
Right, So you're the mouthpiece of the public, then? A relation of IMM,
perhaps? ;-)

No, it's called having an opinion.

But you said it was public opinion, not just yours. Or was that just
another opinion?

I presume you back up everyone one
of your opinions with surveys and the rest of it on NGs?

I hope I'd be careful not to make such sweeping statements.

Quote some recognised surveys, like JD etc, as a basis for discussion

Well, the JD Power survey backs my opinion,

That *all* Japanese engines are more 'abuse proof' than BMW? I think
you'll find it doesn't.

but that doesn't mean that
the public perception of reliability corresponds with their survey.

Again, you appear to be speaking for 'the public'. It's a worrying trait...

In a poll, 41% of Americans believed WMD had been found in Iraq, what
does that tell you?

It tells me you're trying to introduce red herrings. 4% is a tiny
proportion.

I originally made the point that not all cars are equally enjoyable to
drive, and that this has a bearing on why some people buy them,
regardless of price and reliability. Same as with power tools.

Compare Japanese cars like the Type-r range of Hondas, Nissan 350Z
etc. to an equivalent BMW in price.

You're moving the goalposts again. I'm still waiting for reasonable proof
about your assertion about the bomb proof abilities of all Japanese
engines - not a discussion about the relative merits of individual models.
Which is a personal choice thing. I'm perfectly willing to debate that
after you've justified your first statement, though. ;-)

All you'll get from a BMW in that
price will be a run of the mill car.

A run of the mill car which happens to be RWD, which is rather unusual if
not unique in its class, and which is why it's nice to drive...

I know which one I'd rather have.

Your choice. You might not be so pleased when you come to sell, though.

There are many reasons why people choose to buy a BMW rather than a
Japanese car, image primarily, but certainly not because they are more
enjoyable* to drive.

Now we're getting close to your *real* reason. Why didn't you just say
this in the first place rather than making up stories?

--
*Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.