william_b_noble

Default Fortress mailboxes

I've never been a mailbox vandal, and I've always lived in urban areas where
such actions aren't really possible, but it seems to me that mounting the
mailbox on a large spring (coil spring from a truck, for example) would make
it pretty hard to knock down, but would allow it to yeild to a vehicle.

"Ignoramus5275" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:30:38 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:04:03 GMT, Ignoramus5275
wrote:

If installing fortress mailboxes is illegal, then it is just plainly
stupid to install a fortress mailbox. You can complain about laws all
you want, but violating this law would be quite unintelligent for
obvious reasons: if the mailbox is not hit, you wasted money, and if
it is hit, you lose a lawsuit and lose even more money.

Installing fortress mailboxes is illegal in many towns.

Where it is not illegal, I certainly would not do it if my mailbox was
not repeatedly vandalized. If it was repeatedly vandalized, I would do
something that would preferably not kill the vandal.