Larry Jaques

Default DRILL DOCTOR Grinds Tungsten Electrodes

On 18 Oct 2005 18:23:37 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"CAMCOMPCO" quickly quoth:

Not to be a dufus here, but just what is grinding "axially", I grind my
tig electrodes and would hate to think that the trouble I am having
welding Aluminum is because I am grinding my electrodes wrong.

Could be. Axially means that it's sharpened in same direction as the
axle points. Pencil sharpening happens at roughly 90°, or radially.

It's easier to hold a rod sideways to a grinding wheel, but that
leaves grooves in the point. Those grooves act like steps and are what
make the arc jump according to the Welder's Handbook. (See, I can
actually learn from books.

Want one? Finch's book on Ebay for a buck (so far):
http://search.ebay.com/welders-handbook_W0QQfromZR40

If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk