SQLit

Default How can I start a 220V well pump in a blackout if I don't have a 220V generator?

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a way to run the deep well pump, I don't know how much
HP is it, but I think its on a 40 amp circuit at 220V. I've looked for
a 220V inverter, but I can't find anything online.

Is there ANY other way to start a well pump, without buying a large
generator?

The inverter, batteries and associated equipment for a 40 amp circuit are
going to cost considerably more than a generator.

motor starting current is 6 times FLA or full load amps.

Best place to start is from what exactly you have, then look for a solution.
Guessing in the beginning,........ garbage in garbage out.