John F.

Default Gas fireplace won't start

Is this a natural or propane gas fireplace? If it is propane you may have
air blockage in the fuel line from when the propane tank was filled last.
Also check for spider webs at orifice. If it has been unused for a while one
may have set up house. Be sure your fuel line valve is open.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a gas fireplace that doesn't have a wall switch. It only has the
remote control on/off switch. The pilot light is always on, but when I
click the remote, the fireplace doesn't start. I've removed the grill
at the bottom and see that the red light on the remote box does blink
and making a clicking sound when I click the remote.

I've had someone tell me to check the wiring, but I don't know what to
check it with or how to check it. I'm sure I could fix it myself, if I
just knew where to start. Any help you can provide is greatly
appreciated!