Larry Jaques

Default I have a friend who .............

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:31:30 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:38:14 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

Thanks, Michael. I'm very honored by your kind remarks. If only I

was
as
good as I think I am! g

Just remember 1 thing, Harold:

The older we get, the better we were.

To say nothing of the miles of walking through snow and ice, up hill,

both
directions, which was very much a part of the misery of each day as we
toiled, displaying our superior talent. :-)

Harold

PS-----Did I mention, it was without shoes?

Hey, at least you had feet. When I was a kid...

Yeah, but I'm not old like you. By the time I came along feet were
standard issue.

Oh, I had feet. But by the time I got through all that snow, glass and
salt, they'd blued and worn off down to nubs.

The Monty Python skit with the guys sitting around the Yacht Club
talking about how hard they had it as kids was great. I don't recall
if that was on an album or just a Flying Circus skit, but it was well
done. This thread reminds me of it for some reason.

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design
- nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com