Rob Morley

Default Not very good at this woodwork thing...

In article , says...
Some background:

I need to hang some pine kitchen cupboard doors to two small-ish alcoves,
either side of a fireplace, to fill them in, three doors in each. The
alcoves are wider than the doors by approx. 120mm each side.

I plan to fit a plinth to the bottom to match the height of the skirting,
then a door, then above that a 2" pine seperating piece, then a door,
seperator, door, top piece.

To fill in the gaps either side of the doors I will run a length of pine up
each side, fixed to the shelves probably. The problem I can't think of a way
round is fitting the doors to the pine sides because they will be edge-on to
the doors - i.e. flush next to the doors, not like a cupboard. I could use
normal hinges, obviarsely, but I'd like to use normal kitchen cupboard
hinges if possible because the doors already have the large circular
cut-outs in them.

Why not just stick a bit of 2x2 behind the pine strips and mount the
doors using normal cupboard hinges like so?

/ | |
HINGE | | |
\ / | 2x2 |
| | |