Ken Weitzel

Default car radio?

frontline@nospam wrote:

Usually 1000uH will burn if grounds are not all connected.
Many cold solder joints and caps on top PCB.
Jeff

Hi Jeff...

Ahh, that's what's happened, then. I'm pretty sure I'm guilty
of committing that sin. After a bit of flowing, I tested it in
the car without first putting it completely and properly back
together.

Are you sure it's 1000uh? There's a pic of it here, if that
helps.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kweitzel/resistor.jpg

(I called it resistor.jpg; thought it was a shorter and fatter
1/2 watt

Also, seeing as it's in the "lamp" circuit, and without it everything
but the display works, I guess it's only purpose is to keep display
noise out of the radio? If so, can I use instead a few ohm resistor
in its place?

Thanks, and take care.

Ken