Dr. Hardcrab

Default Propane Gas "Fireplace" vENTING

"John F." wrote in message
Right now I have a propane fueled (BRAND UNKNOWN), cast iron "fireplace"
with the fake logs. It is vented with single wall black 4-inch stove pipe
into a pre-exisiting, interior, brick chimney that goes 2 stories up
through the roof. This chimney serves no other purpose. I would like to
remove the chimney to make space. My question is: can this be simply
vented through the sidewall of the house and terminate where it leaves the
house. The stove is currently insulated from the inerior walls by brick.

Buy some ventless logs and you won't have to worry about it. PLUS, all the
heat stays in your house.....