Default Grizzly 8" Jointers

For instance, can this also serve a planer? I know that if you have any
type of cup in the lumber, this would be a better option for flattening than
a planer.

But taking it a step further, can you flip the board and run it through
again to achieve the desired thickness? ... as you would in a planer.

A jointer works best in conjunction with a planer. With just a
jointer, you can flatten the one side, then flip it over and flatten
the other, but there's no guarantee that the faces will now be parallel
to each other. That's where the planer comes in...you flatten one side
on the jointer, then run it through the planer to make it both flat
_and_ parallel to the other side.

As to the question about the Grizzly quality, I have no experience, but
would love to hear the other responses.